In this small blog post I am going to show you how to download the MySQL database for the upcoming articles on this blog. You can use this database for your small projects or just for learning purpose as well.
This database has 3 tabes as follows.
- country: Information about countries of the world.
- city: Information about some of the cities in those countries.
- countrylanguage: Languages spoken in each country.
Click to Download the database file.
After downloading the database file, follow the instructions below to install it.
- Extract the .gz file in any desired location and you'll see world.sql file.
- Log into your phpmyadmin account. The id is root and leave the password field empty.
- Go to your server's homepage and click on the "import" option from the menu bar.
- Choose the world.sql file to upload and click on the "Go" button leaving all the other options as they are.
- That's it. In less than a minute you'll see the table and columns in the left column bar. Go ahead and play with the database.
If you're using MySQL Shell, follow this link to know how to install the database.
Note: The sample data used in the
world database is Copyright Statistics Finland,